What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal data about you through the Channels when you:
- access and use our Website (including by way of cookies) and via a form you complete on our Website;
- enter a competition, subscribe for other services or special events;
- contact us directly on Facebook messenger;
- request technical support or other customer care support;
- contact us (whether in writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise);
- post content on our social media pages; or
- otherwise interact with us through the Channels.
The type of personal data we process may include:
- your first and last name, user name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other information provided by you;
Payment (such as debit/credit card) information you use to pay for entry into a competition is processed only to the extent, and for the duration, necessary to enable our third-party payment processors (First Data) to process the relevant payment. No such payment information is retained or stored by us.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
You may provide us with the following types of personal information when you register with My Dream Machine or otherwise when you directly interact with us (when using our website or otherwise):
- Identity – first name, surname, My Dream Machine log-in information (password), country of residence
- Contact – email address, telephone numbers and address
- Financial – payment card details, billing address, purchase information, payment history
- Profile – your preferences for marketing, other website preferences and feedback on your My Dream Machine experiences through reviews and surveys
How we protect your data
For as long as we do store your personal data, we will follow generally accepted industry standards and maintain reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. My Dream Machine has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Personal data collected by us is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We maintain information behind a firewall-protected server.
Notwithstanding our efforts to keep your personal data secure, no system can be 100% reliable. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any personal data you provide through the Channels. In addition, you are responsible for maintaining the strength and confidentiality of your login credentials.
We will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable if we have reason to believe that there has been a personal data breach by us (or your personal data held by us) which could adversely affect your rights and freedoms.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
- email service providers, Mailchimp and Word Press;
- web analytics services such as Google analytics;
- professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts in particular, Social Nucleus who will have access to our Mailchimp platform in order to help us mange our email newsletters;
- logistics companies;
- address verification services;
- competition management, fulfilment and verification services, PromoVeritas;
- integration platform providers;
- other third parties approved by you, such as social media sites, or share content via or third parties who administer any competitions or surveys on our behalf which you voluntarily partake in; and any similar or replacement third parties from time to time.
- We seek to ensure that any third party engaged by us who processes your personal data has policies and procedures in place to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Legislation. Unless otherwise disclosed to you from time to time, we will remain the data controller in respect of your personal data despite the fact that third parties may be engaged as data processors.